Not Your Mama, Not Your Milk
There are numerous reasons to give up milk and other dairy products. When considering a plantbased diet, many people say things like, "I could never give up ice cream!" or "I could never give up cheese!" There are some pretty tasty non-dairy alternatives nowadays that you can make or buy, so you can still enjoy the foods you like.
It's really about a switch in your mindset, nothing will be a direct substitute for the way that non-plantbased foods taste, but as you start to make changes towards a healthier lifestyle, your tastes will also start to change. Besides, nothing tastes as good as healthy feels and that's a fact. When we have a Kingdom mindset, we make the choice to make better decisions about our lives, and that includes what we eat.
Here are some of the hazards of dairy and why you should make the switch. Keep in mind there is no nutrient found in meat and animal products that cannot be found in plant-based sources.
- Clinical research has shown that drinking milk actually has little to no effect on bone health.
- Diets that include dairy products can cause acne and breakouts on the skin.
- Dairy products contain high levels of cholesterol and saturated fat, which increase the risk of heart disease and other health problems.
- Diets high in dairy products have been linked to an increased risk of cancer, most prevalently prostate and breast cancer. This is likely related to dairy containing an insulin-like growth factor called IGF-1.
- Lactose Intolerance-like other mammals, we no longer have the active enzymes necessary for processing milk once we are no longer infants. You're not a baby cow, so why are you drinking it's milk?
- Dairy products contain harmful substances to include hormones, pus, antibiotics, synthetic hormones and pesticides. (Tasty, right? JOKING!)
The wonderful things about plantbased milk alternatives is that they are usually direct substitutes for cow's milk in recipes. Below I've included some delicious dairy-free alternatives for you to try. Click on the titles to see the easy recipes.
Pining for more delicious and simple plantbased recipes? Look no further! Check out the Recipes section of the site.
©2017 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
D.I.D. with Cazoshay and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on this blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.