Happy #MatchaMonday! Matcha is the gift that keeps on giving! An excellent alternative to coffee without the jitters, plus antioxidant benefits to boot. It's also known for increasing metabolism, aiding in strengthing the immune system, improving concentration, and detoxing the body.
Plus, I mean, waffles. The matcha combined with yummy and beneficial cinnamon, is a delicious way to get some added benefits to one of the best breakfast foods known to mankind. And they're more fun than regular waffles because they're green! Read on below for the recipe.
1. Prepare your waffle batter as you normally would (I used regular ol' Bisquick, but a whole wheat version would be even healthier!)
2. Add 1/2-1 Tablespoon of matcha powder. Mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add 1 teaspoon (or more if you're a cinnamon lover, and I mean, who isn't?) Mix well. You can also make these without the cinnamon but it pairs really well with the matcha.
4. Add 1 teaspoon or more of agave nectar. You can add more or less depending on your taste. Mix well.
5. Prepare your waffles as you normally would.
© Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.