The Best Quinoa You've Ever Tasted
We are big fans of quinoa at my house. I like to make a fresh batch every morning (or the evening before) for my son and brother's lunches. Quinoa is rich in iron, fiber and protein as well as contains all nine essential amino acids, among other things. It's a great grain to incorporate into your diet, and with the addition of my delicious Turmeric Twister Superfood Powder featuring turmeric, orange peel and ginger, I'm positive that you too will fall in love with this supergrain! It's great on it's own as a side dish, as the base for a superfood bowl, or served with lightly steamed greens (I just did them with collards, so good!) Read on below for the recipe.
- 1.5 Cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 Cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Twister Superfood Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (adjust to your personal taste)
- Olive Oil
- Cover a pan with enough olive oil to fully coat the bottom and heat it on medium high heat.
- Add quinoa, stir constantly in the hot olive oil for about a minute to lightly toast the quinoa.
- Add water and stir, let it come to a rolling boil for about 45 seconds.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes
- Remove from heat and let sit undisturbed for five minutes.
- Uncover and fluff the quinoa, cover it again and let it sit for another 5 minutes before fluffing it one last time and serving.
©2017 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved.Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.