Easy Vegan Ice Cream
Here in Arizona, we are breaking records for high temps this year. It's the perfect excuse to bust out a little guilt-free vegan ice cream. A quick scan of my Insta feed will tell you that I looooove my nice cream, but you don't have to stick to the banana-based version of vegan ice cream, you have other options!
I've also shared on my Insta that you can freeze your vegan milk or coconut water to use for smoothies later on. You can use this same method for making ice cream! Read on below for the easy step-by-step instructions.
- Freeze your favorite vegan milk in an ice cube tray for at least 12 hours (overnight is better.)
- Place in a food processor or blender along with frozen fruit, matcha or cacao powder, even peanut butter! You can also add a sweetener like agave or maple syrup. My organic vegan Superfood Powders make great flavoring options and take the guesswork out of having to figure out good flavor combos on your own.
- Blend ingredients until smooth, adding more milk if needed. Keep in mind, less liquid=thicker ice cream. You can add more liquid to make it more like a smoothie bowl. *A good rule of thumb is that if an ingredient can be frozen before blending, then do it! It will keep the ice cream mixture cold enough to still have the texture of ice cream, rather than a smoothie.
- If you want harder ice cream rather than a sherbet texture, put your mixture in the freezer for a few hours until it's hard enough to your liking.
- Use your imagination and experiment with different toppings: chia seeds, nuts, cacao nibs, matcha powder, spirulina, raw cacao fudge sauce...go wild!
TIP: Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge. When you're ready to make your ice cream, add a spoonful of the cream (not the liquid) while blending for an extra creamy, diary-like (but dairy-free!) texture.
This recipe is so easy and delicious! Not to mention free of refined sugar and animal products! It's a healthy treat you will want to serve over and over again, not to mention a very easy and kid-friendly way to get your family to eat their fruit! Hashtag: #winning!
Looking for more guilt-free goodness? Try my delicious Choco-Coffee Nice Cream.
©2017 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.