Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
If I ever write a love sonnet, it will probably be about chia pudding. So versatile and delicious, so super packed with nutrients, so easy to make! There are so many different flavors and ingredients that you can make your chia pudding with, but this one may be my favorite (besides cacao of course, chocolate wins over everything!) And of course the fact that you can make it ahead of time to have for breakfast or lunch the next day makes it that much more awesome.
I loooooove the flavor of orange creamsicles, so this easy, dairy-free chia recipe was inspired by them. Cashew cream is another easy plant-based staple that you can use for lots of things, but it's totally perf for topping this chia pudding, giving it the "cream" in creamsicle.
Ingredients (for the chia pudding)
- 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients (for the cashew cream)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked (for at least four hours)
- 1/4-1/2 cup filtered water (depending on how thick you want your cream)
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave (adjust to personal taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (here's a recipe to make your own)
- pinch of sea salt
- crushed pecans
- For the chia pudding, mix all ingredients and let sit in the fridge overnight until solidified.
- For the cashew cream, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Top the chia pudding with the cashew cream and sprinkle with crushed pecans.
©2017 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved.Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.