Golden Milk Chai Kombucha Float
Who doesn't love a good ice cream float?
I remember being a kid and getting root beer floats as an occasional special treat. I've recreated the beloved float in an adult-friendly, more health-conscious incarnation using my Golden Milk Superfood Powder (made into vegan ice cream) and fizzy homemade Masala Chai Kombucha. The flavor combo is delicious, as both are inspired by ancient Indian+Ayurvedic recipes. Keep in mind that the kombucha has to ferment for a minimum of seven days, so plan ahead if you have an event or celebration you want to serve this at. Click anywhere in this recipe that says "Golden Milk" to be taken to the page to buy it.
Impress your friends at your next party with this easy, healthier, grownup version of a classic.
Directions (Golden Milk Ice Cream)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into ice cube try and let freeze completely.
Ingredients (Chai Kombucha)
- 2 Masala Chai tea bags
- 1/2 cup starter Kombucha or white vinegar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 SCOBY
- Enough hot water to fill to the top line of a gallon-sized mason jar
Directions (Chai Kombucha)
- Add tea bags and sugar to hot water in a half gallon mason jar. Stir sugar to dissolve. Let the tea bags steep until completely cool. Leave enough room in the jar to add the 1/2 cup of starter kombucha.
- Remove tea bags and add the starter kombucha (or vinegar) and the SCOBY to the jar of tea.
- Cover with a kitchen towel or coffee filter, secure with a rubber band and sit in a cool spot out of direct sunlight.
- Start tasting at the seven day mark to see if the kombucha has fermented enough for your taste. You can let it ferment up to 30 days.
- Remove enough of the kombucha to make your floats and refrigerate until cold before using for the floats.
Note: The awesome thing about making kombucha is that more SCOBYs will form in the process so you'll basically have a never-ending supply!
- When it's time to make the ice cream, put the Golden Milk ice cubes in a food processor or blender with just enough vegan milk to make it blend. (I used 5 cubes for the champagne glass pictured above.)
- Add milk slowly so that you can keep the ice cream texture in tact, rather than have it turn out too runny. (If it does turn out too runny, you can re-freeze it in the ice cube mold or use for a delicious and beneficial smoothie bowl.) My food processor is strong enough that I didn't need to add milk for it to turn into creamy ice cream, so you might not need to either.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to place 2-3 scoops of ice cream into a cup.
- Pour chai kombucha over the ice cream and enjoy your yummy float!
If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy my awesome Golden Milk Superfood Powder, try my recipes for Golden Milk Coffee or Raw Vegan Golden Milk Kale Chips. And you can’t go wrong with a classic Golden Milk Latté, of course.
©2018 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
D.I.D. with Cazoshay and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on this blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.