Whole Wheat Vegan Vanilla Muffins
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup raw sugar (can sub coconut sugar)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½-2 cups fresh blueberries or chopped strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
- Combine milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and aside to allow the milk to curdle.
- In another (larger) bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- Mix the sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add vinegar and milk mixture and stir using a hand or electric mixer to combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Try not to mix the batter too much-having a few lumps is okay.
- Fold in the fruit if you’re using it.
- Spoon or ladle batter into the baking cups. Fill each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from baking cups and serving.
©2018 Cazoshay Marie. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cazoshay Marie with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
D.I.D. with Cazoshay and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on this blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.